Windows, driver file not found

Kirill Pekarov kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com
Mon Sep 24 06:33:51 EDT 2007

Hi, chris.

Sorry for delay.

I'm was made it and it is works fine for me.
So, need more info. Let make it out.

> I've made a V4REV/Valentina/MAC OSX  standalaone and it works fine.
> The WINDOWS standalone, however, will not initiate valentina...when I
> make the standalone Runrev alerts " Windows, driver file not found".
> It doesn't say which one but it appears to be Valentina.

What steps I'm was do:

First of all, after installing V4REV must be run install.rev. It is
copied v4rev.dll and dbvalentina2.dll into folders in the
Desktop/My Documents/My Revolution Enterprise/
It is need by Revolution. AFAIR when Revolution create a standalone app it
do search dll's here.

Next step: open in the Revolution  V4REV\Examples\Common\Database_CreateCloseOpen for
example.

In the "File - Standalone Application Settings..." I'm was set all
option which you described:

> [selected] Select inclusions for standalone...
> [checked] Ask dialog, Answer dialog, Cursors
> Script libraries: Database, Internet, Table, Valentina2
> Database support:, Valentina2

By the way. "Database support: Valentina2" is need only if you use the
revdb API.

Okay, next step is creating a standalone app:
Here is all steps are simple.
Pressed to "File - Save As Standalone Application...", select
destination folder and press ok.

In the selected folder Revolution was created folder with name
"Common_Database_CreateCloseOpen"

In it present Common_Database_CreateCloseOpen.exe and folder
"Externals"

In the "Externals" must be revdb.dll v4rev.dll and folder
"database_drivers" with dbvalentina2.dll.

Next step is which described at our wiki:
http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:v4rev:manual:deployment:deployment

Do copy VComponents folder into place where your deployment executable
file is placed.

In this step I'm have self-sufficing application which I was copied
into another clean WinXP and it work fine here.

PS: If you use revdb please try out our last release 3.4

I hope this help.

--
Best regards,

Kirill Pekarov