Digital camcorders and Rev

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Sep 20 18:15:42 EDT 2007

The standard output from most decent camcorders is the DV format.
Final Cut works native in that format. The formats that non-DV
cameras output for the most part are of lesser quality. For instance,
the DVD cameras use DVD style encodeing so they can be directly
played on a DVD playere, however even though it is digital, it is
nowhere the quality of DV.

I'd standardize on DV --- Quicktime Pro also handles it natively.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o