Setting last modified date of a file from within Rev

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Sat Sep 15 05:52:44 EDT 2007

Eric,

Even with VBS this is not possible to change a file's date as far as i can
tell or find.

I think that if you need a solution for this it is going to be more like a
workaround.
One suggestion could be to write your data elsewhere like another stack...
But i think you dont want your user to know what has changed...

Maybe write to the registry? Or an encrypted file could be a solution...

The only viable solution is to store the touch.exe file somewhere, do you
change
restore the touch exe, run it and then delete the touch.exe...

As far as i know most of these touch.exe utilities are in the public
domain or freeware.

Regards,
Xavier

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 14/09/2007 20:57:40:

> Eric wrote:
>  > I'm going to reformulate my question more precisely:
>  > I have a Rev exe on the user's machine with many other files.
>  > I want to be able to write some data to one of these files (actually
>  > a Rev stack but it does not matter) and save it.
>  > But I don't want the modification date to be changed (on the desktop,
>  > in the file 'Properties' window, etc.) .
>
> I wonder if there may be a very different way to solve this problem.
>
> What is the user benefit you're trying to achieve with this change?
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin
>   Managing Editor, revJournal

Clearstream Services S.A.
42 Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Société anonyme is organised with limited liability
in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg RC Luxembourg B 60911.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in
this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream
International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

END OF DISCLAIMER