revBrowser or revGoURL?

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Tue Sep 11 03:15:59 EDT 2007

If you are on MS windows, one option is to load your tests in a separate
hta window. To do this first create an empty html file template and save
it with .hta extension, then insert the following tag into the head
section of the html (right after title section):
<HTA:APPLICATION
     ID="whatever"
     ICON=""
     APPLICATIONNAME="write app name here"
     VERSION = "1"
     SHOWINTASKBAR="yes"
     BORDER="thick"
     BORDERSTYLE="normal"
     SINGLEINSTANCE="yes"
     SYSMENU="yes"
     WINDOWSTATE="normal"
     MAXIMIZEBUTTON="yes"
     MINIMIZEBUTTON="yes"
     CAPTION="yes"
     CONTEXTMENU="yes"
     INNERBORDER="no"
     NAVIGABLE="yes"
     SCROLL="no"
     SCROLLFLAT="yes"
     SELECTION="no">

everything else is like in an ordinary html document, including
javascript and css. So either put your tests right there (it can be run
from a website too), or additionally create a frame or an iframe where
you load your tests in. In this case the iframe should contain a few
additional properties: src="http://tests.html" application="yes" trusted
= "yes". If you store this hta file locally, then tests can be loaded
and executed in the iframe. I am not experienced with revBrowser though...

One more way would be to load the tests in a popup window using
javascript like this:
status=0, top=1, left=100, height=50, width=500");'>test1</a>

Maybe someone will provide better alternatives...
Regards!
Viktoras