Does revGoURL Auto-Encode URLs?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Sep 6 16:46:28 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get Rev to launch a site in the user's browser that requires a
login, and so far, the browser is launching to the correct domain but not to
the protected page.

revGoURL "http://user.name@userserver.com:password@targetserver.com"

When running the above, I get a security alert back from the browser
(Firefox) that reads like:

"You are about to log into the site "targetserver.com" with the username
"user%2Ename%40userserver%2Ecom", but the website does not require
authentication. This may be an attempt to trick you.
Is "targetserver.com" the site you want to visit?

The username string listed in the security alert shows the at symbol and
periods as HTML entities, so I'm not sure if revGoURL is encoding the
username string, or this is just the way the browser is returning the info.

Perhaps goRevURL is encoding both "@" symbols where it should not.  Or
perhaps it is encoding the periods in the string where it should not.  This
doesn't seem to be a script error on my end as the browser is launched
properly, but rather seems to be a formatting problem.  So any suggestions
on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director