Pasting Unicode into Word problems

Ron rbarber6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 00:35:18 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I have been trying to copy text from a fld with Japanese text and
then paste it into a Word document. The copy works fine but it pastes
"mojibake" or junk characters into the Word document.

This can be overcome by selecting 'Paste Special' from the Edit menu
of Word and choosing nonformatted text. But isn't there a way to send
Word something it can handle without this extra step? My inquiring
users want to know.

I have tried setting the clipboarddata but perhaps I'm doing
something wrong because the results are the same. Is there a way to
send Word something it can work with?

BTW Pages, Textwrangler, Jedit X, and Textedit work but Word and
Appleworks do not.

Thanks
Ron