Data synchronization

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 3 05:31:17 EDT 2007

On 3/9/07 12:08 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bart,

>>> Do you mean here giving SOAP capabilities to Valentina (because
>>> that's probably in a few months on our plate) ?
>>
>> SOAP is one of.
>>
>> The most big idea was support of features similar to just added
>> into MS SQL
>> 2005 and Oracle in regard to XML.
>>
>> MS and Oracle do things in different way. MS have very own way,
>> Oracle have
>> put efforts on SQL standard committee, and have implement extension
>> of SQL
>> 2003 for SQL/XML support.
>>
>> This should work in the next way (as we plan it for Valentina Server)
>>     * user connect to HTTP socket of VSERVER
>>     * send TEXT of SQL/XML query.
>>     * get back TEXT which is XML.

> XPath and XQueries ?

This is MS way.

Oracle uses new features of SQL2033 standard SQL/XML extension.

They say that by power and Query Complexity are comparable.
Just SQL/XML way is more easier for developers who already know SQL.
And XPath  and Xqueries is more easy for developers who good know XML.

> Does that mean that you will implement also XML as data type ?

We dream about this :-)

We have spend few developers months working on this task before 2.0 yet.
Even first tests did work... But later we have hold this task to be able
ship Valentina 2.0.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin