The Documentation

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:23:40 EDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Mark Swindell <mdswindell at cruzio.com> wrote:

> Talk seems to keep coming around to a Wiki, but I'm not sure what
> advantage that has over a "perfected" BvG Docu plugin.

I'm with you Mark.

Whilst the offers to whip up some PHP, HTML and JavaScript are to be
commended, in the end it leaves only a small subset of this List who can
continue to 'tweak' the baby. With BvG Docu +, all but the greenest newbie
could enhance it. Sure, some may only enhance it to their only personal
preference, but others, like Andre, have already enhanced it to the benefit
of all.

With the graphic eye of Scott, the database and QT know how of Trevor, the
network genius of Andre, and the wealth of experience of taking an idea from
infancy through to reality of Richard, Ken, Jerry and Jim, I just envisage
that a Rev centred solution would grow faster, bigger and better.

And you know what would be really cool; some kind of inbuilt blog which
like 'Changes in this release', but more like the 'Quick App' articles in
the Rev Newsletter. Bjornke would start with a bit more detail of the whys
and wherefores of how BvG Docu came about. Andre would add instructions on
how he added his WebNotes. Sarah would explain how she merged her Scripting
Conference stack template to be used as the basis of recording the
development of BvG Docu. Because user input will be so overwhelming Trevor
will add DB support and explain how he did it, etc etc. If done right,
basically a moderately competent programmer should be able to come along and
from scratch build the whole thing, Better Docs + a Project You Can Build
:-)

Whoops, sorry, I must be dreaming. I'll wake up soon;-)