OS X - Parental Controls: can't start my runrev runtime

andreas andreas at medone.ch
Wed Oct 17 16:19:25 EDT 2007

Hello Ian and all others

thanks for your hint, which brought me to the solution. Googling a
short time brought out the following:

In short:
Older runrev standalone will not write the CFBundleIdentifier
which is used by OS X to identify the app for parental control.
You have to set this manually with an editor. Well worked:
PlistEditPro which you can download freely. The apple Plist editor.

Check if you have a line with:
CFBundleIdentifier
if not, add one and set the identifier for example to:
com.yourcompany.blabla

Thanks to all for their hinst.

Andreas Staempfli
mkz.ch