revMail question

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Thu Oct 11 01:19:39 EDT 2007

Interesting question Phil.  I'm not sure about how this would be handled
on a Mac, but on Windows I'm sure that MS Outlook Express will *always*
be the default email client if none is specified within the system.

I would imagine that that only way to not have a default email client on
Windows would be to remove those specific keys from the Registry.

As a note for reference, on Windows Vista, the default email client is
now specified in 2 locations.  The first location is the same old
location from previous versions of Windows (This allows MS to ensure
that programs that don't handle the updated change will still work).
The second location is where the *true* default email program info is
held.  There's a fix I posted for this on the Rev Quality Control
Center, but the whole url launching mechanism is getting updated within
a new version so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/