Leopard or Rev Browser Issue?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Nov 17 15:06:46 EST 2007

I had a very unusual experience yesterday.

Context:

Mac OS X - Leopard

Rev 2.8.1 + GLX2 +Rev Browser

scenario:
-- open stack in IDE, Call web page(s) into a RevBrowser window-frame,
-- run QT movie or Flash from within the web page

Side Bar + musing: works great! in fact we  completely over come all the
issues with Rev's QT  Player object, though I still consider this a
"Horrible Hack" -- Rev's own player object should just work....but I
guess it's not Rev's fault that Apples' QT API is faulty vs it's own
QT-Webkit integration.

-- switch to pointer tool

-- double click on a field object (intent: change come color-border
attributes)

Problem: the UI no longer responds to my mouse clicks... all menus
dimmed, the system beeps on every mousedown.  I cannot close any
windows. cmd-M to open the msg box does not work. cmd -Q does not work.

Solution: force quit and reboot.

Repeatable: yes, I tried it three times.

Anyone else seeing this? any clues?

Anyway, we making progress, well to be truthful I should say Andre is
making progress. We will have an amazing new Media Viewer the Digital
Edition of Hinduism Today done soon. It will make a great case study for
what can be done with Rev.

Sivakatirswami