(mac) application menu

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 14:04:20 EST 2007

This was driving me crazy too. After messing around with it, I pieced
the following together and it's worked for me (I am using Rev 2.6.1):

on appleEvent pClass,pID,pSender  --I got this from Ken Ray's web site
  switch (pClass & pID)
  case "aevtquit"
    answer "Save changes?" with "Don't Save" or "Save"
    if it is "Save" then
      doSaveStuff
      pass appleEvent
    else pass appleEvent
    break
  default
    pass appleEvent
    break
  end switch
end appleEvent

on closeStackrequest
  Global homeStack
  if the short name of this stack is homeStack then
    answer "Save changes?" with "Don't Save" or "Save"
    if it is "Save" then
      doSaveStuff
    end if
  end if
  pass closeStackrequest
end closeStackrequest

on shutdownRequest --I only use this for Windows
  Global homeStack
  if the platform contains "Win" then
    if the short name of this stack is homeStack then
      answer "Save changes?" with "Don't Save" or "Save"
      if it is "Save" then
        doSaveStuff
      end if
    end if