Multiuser or not multiuser

William de Smet williamdesmet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:11:51 EST 2007

Hi there,

I am working on a small restaurant app for my school.
Now there is a paper list where you put your name on and choose your lunch.
The teacher, who works with disabled children in the restaurant, wants it to
be more streamlined so therefore my app.

Because the app is put on a Server 2003 with XP clients it needs to be
multiuser or not.
What I did is that I put on startup the code:
on openstack
add 1 to fld "inuse"
if fld "inuse" = 1 then go stack "order"
if fld "inuse" = 2
then answer "Sorry, software in use try again in a few minutes!"
then quit stack "order"
end if
end openstack

This doesn't work with clients in a netwerk!

Is there a simple way to do wat I want?
Could anyone give me an example?
I am not that experienced with REV like most of you but I am getting better
in it ;-)

greetings,

William de Smet