Problem with closing Windows App

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Nov 15 00:38:18 EST 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:12:47 -0800 (PST), Charles Szasz wrote:

> I can quit my Windows application with the Quit command and restart again
> with no problem. But if I quit the program by using the red "X" in the upper
> right corner of the application window, and try to start the program again
> using a shortcut or actually double clicking on the exec. file, the program
> will NOT start unless I reboot Windows. This is peculiar  because the
> program is no longer in the bar at the bottom of the screen.
>
> I am using Windows XP, OS X 10.4.11, Revolution 2.8.1 built 472 and
> Parallels Build 3214.
>
> Does anybody have a suggestion how to correct this problem?

Most likely the application process is continuing to run (you can check
by opening the Task Manager and look for the name of the executable in
the Processes tab). If it's there, terminating the process will allow
you to relaunch the app without restarting. But to eliminate the
problem, I'd suggest the same thing as Devin... add a quit command to
the closeStack handler of the main window.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/