deleting every other line in an image

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at ensmp.fr
Mon Nov 12 20:15:09 EST 2007

Le 13 nov. 07, à 01:50, Josh Mellicker a écrit :

> Hi François,
>
> Wow! I don't need those, but it is very impressive if you have
> implemented those algorithms!
>
> What I am hoping to do is simply throw away every other line and
> construct a new image only consisting of every other line.
>
> I wonder if there is a way to use some kind of crude  "nearest
> neighbor" resizing method where I can resize to 50%, that will not
> blend the lines but just throw away every other one.

if you have Photoshop (or an app that accepts photoshop plugins), you
may have a look at a very elementary filtering+subsampling series of
exercices at
http://cas.ensmp.fr/~chaplais/Photoshop_Wavelet_Workout/index.html

The programming is based is based on adobe's filter factory, and allows
you to experiment on image processing within photoshop with a very
simple yet effective programming language.

To come back to Rev, I just discovered that Rev had a "Raw" description
of images. If I have the time, I will implement the photoshop exercise
in Rev. The idea is to provide a free demonstration (i.e., it does not
require Matlab or Photoshop...) Ah!! time.....

Best,

Francois Chaplais
35 rue Saint-Honore
77305 Fontainebleau Cedex