deleting every other line in an image

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Mon Nov 12 19:50:50 EST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 4:32 PM, François Chaplais wrote:

> Le 13 nov. 07, à 01:05, Jim Ault a écrit :
>
>> Why not use the Thumbnail Stack that Eric Chatonet has on his
>> tutorial page?
>> Just use 1/2 * the Height and get a smoother jpg since you will be
>> sampling
>> to get the smaller image.
>>

> yes, but the downsizing is probably not performed by the
> subsampling that Josh wanted (btw, Josh, do you have wavelet or sub-
> band filtering in mind?)

Hi François,

Wow! I don't need those, but it is very impressive if you have
implemented those algorithms!

What I am hoping to do is simply throw away every other line and
construct a new image only consisting of every other line.

I wonder if there is a way to use some kind of crude  "nearest
neighbor" resizing method where I can resize to 50%, that will not
blend the lines but just throw away every other one.