Anyone noticing stalled uploading? find a solution?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Nov 11 22:34:31 EST 2007

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:52:19 -0800, Josh Mellicker wrote:

> I am uploading a list of files.
>
> After uploading a few files with no problem, uploading "stalls" with
> no progress, and no timeout message is sent.

Yes, I have run into the same thing with large files, where the
incoming progress messages hit some point about 99% of the way through
the upload (using "post", btw) and then constantly returning the same
number of bytes uploaded. I found that if I let it run long enough to
match the rest of the bytes (i.e. if it was uploading at 30K/sec and it
stalled with 300K left on a 150MB file, I would let it wait for at
least 10 seconds), and then terminated the upload, it would actually be
at the destination fully uploaded.

I thought it was just me, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Now that
Dave has suggested checking the result of the post for errors, I'll see
if I can make that work. If not, I'll post my results.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/