Idle handlers and Text files

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 6 09:37:43 EST 2007

Len Morgan wrote:
 > Along the lines of this discussion, I think someone mentioned that the
 > preOpenStack message is NOT sent when you are using the IDE.  Is this
 > true?

I don't believe so; AFAIK the IDE does not prevent your stack from
getting preOpenStack messages.  Perhaps you were thinking of startup?

 > If so, where can I put start-up code so that I set things up
 > before an app gets going in both the IDE and a stand-alone?

I do initialization from a preOpenStack handler in the card script of
the first card of the stack file which will be made into a standalone.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal