Enhanced QT external problems on WinXP

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Sat May 26 16:29:58 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Could you help find out if I'm going insane or not... On a Windows
standalone as soon as I call 'qtInitialize' to start Trevor's
external the standalone crashes with the standard Windows 'do you
want to send a message' dialog.

Here's the test stack:

http://www.ianjameswood.co.uk/temp/QTexternal_test_win.rev

Load the stack, build it as a standalone, copy the QT external
across. In the standalone, click 'external' to load the external and
'qtInitialize' to call the external. Immediate crash every time for me.

I've tried the following combinations:
Build from 2.8.1 on OS X.
Build from 2.8.0 on OS X.
Build from 2.7.4 on OS X.
Build from 2.7.4 on Windows XP SP2 (via Parallels).
Build from 2.8.1 on Windows XP SP2 (via Parallels).

Downloaded the external again.

Run on:
Windows XP SP2 in Parallels, first with QT 7.1.3 then with QT 7.1.6.
Windows XP SP2 on an Acer desktop, just in case something was screwed
up with the Parallels install.

Help!

Ian