Popping up stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 25 13:47:34 EDT 2007

Scott Rossi wrote:

Recently, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> There are two ways to use stacks as popup menus, and these can
 >> be useful as grids and galleries.  But sadly each method has
 >> its weaknesses, and neither seems to allow users to interact
 >> with scrolling groups gracefully if at all.
 >
 > Each of these solutions is using a stack as a menu -- is there
 > a reason you can't display a palette or system window at the
 > desired location?

My first approach on this was to try the built-in methods for popping up
a stack.

If there's no magic combination of property settings to make either of
those work, using a palette would be the next step.

But this is not without its own challenges, as I'd need to carefully
trap messages to dismiss the palette whenever anything else is clicked
on, when the Escape key is pressed, etc.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation