Getting Started in XML

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:21:20 EDT 2007

> Great! Downloaded and busy coding now! One thing, I'm guessing that
> the use of fields in the example is just that - for example. I will
> need to store the XML data in local variables - will this be a problem?

Once you have created an XML tree, the XML data is stored internally
in it's tree and accessed using the tree's ID number. In the example
stack, I display the text version of the XML data in a field for
demonstration purposes only, there is no need to do this at all. Just
store the ID number in a global, custom property, field or script
local and use it whenever you need to get or set the XML data.

Cheers,
Sarah