"Easy to use"

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Tue May 22 07:37:30 EDT 2007

One of the things that sold me on entering the computer world was the
ability to create things.  I had absolutely no computer experience or
knowledge, but a friend convinced me to buy a Mac and told me about
Hypercard, and I wanted to try it.  The language being virtually the
same through Hypercard, Metacard and now Revolution, yes..... it is
easy to use.

Before migrating from Hypercard to Metacard I looked into the
standard C languages and Pascal.  I bought several C language books
and the best compiler available.  But in the end, ditched all the C
stuff and bought Metacard, and now Revolution.  I didn't want to
learn a new non-English language.  I liked the plain English of this
language, where the code made sense.

on mouseUp.... highly understandable :-)  Sentences made up of
non-alpha characters and non-English words did not appeal to me.

Yes, there's a lot to learn.  But compared to the alternatives, it is
very easy.  Does it still stump me?  Lordy yes!  Do I still get
gotchas that take days to unravel?  Lordy yes!  But if it were C...
those days would likely be months.

:-)

Shari

--