Quitting standalone, is this a bug?

Michael Binder runr at prismpole.com
Sat May 19 13:06:58 EDT 2007

Jacqueline wrote:
> I was talking to Richard Gaskin about this and he noted that
> he'd seen a similar problem in his stacks with the answer dialog (not
> on
> quitting, just in general use.) It just cropped up recently; previously
> the same scripts worked fine. He thinks the bug was introduced when RR
> fixed a separate window layering problem.

How long ago does he think this bug was introduced?  If its the same
bug that Steve Wagenseller reported to this list on Jan 19, 2006 at
10:35, then its been around for a while:

> I'm trapping the Quit message from the menubar via a shutdownrequest
> handler, but in the standalone, something curious occurs. The first
> time I choose "Quit" I can get the trap script to run (basically, an
> "Are you sure?" prompt along with some save options). The second time
> I choose Quit from the menu, the trap is not implemented.
>
> I am not passing the handler along, it sits at the stack level, and I
> am using an "exit to top" to get out of the shutdownrequest handler
> when "Cancel" is chosen.
>
> Have any of you experienced this strange problem -- that the trap
> only works once -- and do you have suggestions?
>
> --Steve

Being only 6 weeks into revolution I don't have any old versions
of rev to test this bug on.

--Michael Binder
(who's ready to move on from this thread and try out some of these
exciting new private commands)