Revolution 2.8.1: a 240+ bug fixes/improvements! What about the remaining 1879?

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri May 18 19:47:20 EDT 2007

Had a look at it, but still doesn't offer that many options to drill
down the issue: I'm trying to avoid the bug reporter from having to
type 'too much'.

For example for a graphics app (these would be spread across as well
as down the page!):

* = Selected

Options/Pull downs

Your system
- OS 9
- OS X*
- W98
- W2K
- WXP

Select product
- PictureMe*
- PrintMe

Select version
- v1
- v2
- v3*

Problem on Startup or Quit?
- Yes
- No*

Problem with Menu?
- Yes
- No*

Problem with Tools?
- Yes*
- No

Etc, etc. I'd get them tailored to fit the page plus space for the
comment (only writeable if the bug reporter has pulled down at least
60% of the options to cater for non-obvious issues not included in
the pull downs).
Pull downs are little effort, so if someone has bothered to at least
report the bug, it shouldn't be too hard.
There are plenty of options in RRQC and RevZilla, but I'd rather use
up all that screen space to ask as many questions as possible (ie:
via the pull downs) to narrow down the issue.

Cheers,

Luis.