What's new in Media?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Fri May 18 15:45:26 EDT 2007

Howdy,

I'm cautiously upgrading from DC 2.7.4 to Media version.... 2.7.4????

So, there's my first question. The similarity of the version numbers
suggests this is an imaginary upgrade, though I'll have to pay for
it, after 30 days? Is that true?

(I don't mind paying for it. The price is reasonable and I don't want
to risk getting too far behind the upgrade curve. If my version of DC
hasn't expired already, it will soon.)

So far, my stacks seems to work normally in Media. I've asked about
possible gotchas before, and afaik, there won't be any problems. I
don't use an external database.

Are there new features in Media I might want to know about? Like any
of the Studio 2.8.1 new features? If so, where can I learn about
them? The RR website remains somewhat non-obvious, intuitively speaking.

I'm somewhat unnerved to see that the documentation for Media
includes a sample project called "Kiosk -- MySQL Front End" Last I
heard, Media doesn't support MySQL. If that remains so, this sort of
thing could cause distressing confusion. Should I prepare for other
such difficulties with the documentation?

Cheers,

Tim