New date stuff: am I doing something wrong?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri May 18 04:17:34 EDT 2007

I have been testing/working with the new date fixes in 2.8.1 and have a
problem with english dates - which I cannot convert properly:

            put "20/4/02" into testDate
            -- convert testDate from english date to dateItems
            convert testDate from short english date to dateItems
            put testDate

            put "20/4/02" into testDate
            -- convert testDate from system date to dateItems
            convert testDate from short english date to dateItems
            put testDate

            put "6/4/02" into testDate
            -- convert testDate from english date to dateItems
            convert testDate from short english date to dateItems
            put testDate

            put "6/4/02" into testDate
            convert testDate from english date to seconds
            convert testDate to dateItems
            put testDate
            break

Is this a bug I should file? Either way how can convert the english dates
back - do I have to manually change the order of the items myself in a
script?