Revolution 2.8.1: a 240+ bug fixes/improvements! What about the remaining 1879?

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Fri May 18 03:53:40 EDT 2007

Completely agree with you, Mark!

As a relatively new user of Revolution 2 years (with a few software projects
completed during this time which would not be possible without Rev) I was
also extremely satisfied to see Altuit products eventually integrated into
the IDE. Now it is not anymore a buy-in-pieces-puzzle that was very
frustrating for me as a newcomer to Rev at that time. I see this as a major
quality and end users experience improvement for any newcomer !

Meanwhile I would like to attract few votes for bug 4677, or now it is
confirmed and marked as a duplicate of 441 which is partially solved for
some languages, but not for mine :-) The problem is that characters outside
of the standard Western European character set are not being translated
correctly during keyboard entry, therefore I can't do projects in my native
and a few other national languages...

And bug 3992 - it is confirmed, and is still in the latest release candidate
of open beta. If briefly - property inspector loads file contents into wrong
unrelated text fields replacing their contents and thus damaging data. If
you are new to the IDE you may get deeply depressed after seeing this ;-),
later you learn and get used to put url "file:etc" into field "etc" and
forget that the problem is there. Nevertheless I think it is important.

I have also voted for bug 2498. It causes situation where 2 tabbed buttons
put on same card do interfere with each other on mouseover event. Not a big
tragedy but looks messy (e.g. in a spreadsheet which is a part of a larger
application with tabbed buttons)...

All the best!
Viktoras