Vista and Mac Universal backward compatibility

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri May 18 03:10:58 EDT 2007

> Sorry if this has been discussed already. I've been off the list for a while...doing my day job...blah.
>
> Will apps built with Rev 2.6 be useable with the new operating systems by Mirosoft and Apple?

As far as Mac goes, I think Rev 2.7 was the first version to be able
to build Universal binaries i.e. standalones that run natively on both
PowerPC & Intel Macs.

At the moment, PowerPC apps will run on Intel Macs using Rosetta
emulation, but who knows how long Apple will keep that going.

For Vista, I think 2.8.0 was the version which introduced
Vista-compatibility. Standalones built with earlier versions may work
without looking quite right. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than
me about Windows can chime in here.

HTH,
Sarah