Using Rev to Access MySql over the LAN

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue May 15 04:20:02 EDT 2007

Stephen Barncard wrote:
> Whoa, I didn't see the ODBC part! No, don't use ODBC!!! not needed.

Extensis Portfolio client app is using ODBC.. but the MySQL dbase that
is built by the Extensis Portfolio server is just a standard MySQL dbase
and in theory we should be able to connect over the LAN on port
3306.

i.e yes. we  should be able to (and Extensis Tech Suppor confirms)
just connect directly with MySQL on the server directly without OBDC

And yes it's my intention to use a RevDB UI, but
the Varuna is not "listening" on that port.

I need to do some more testing.

--
Om shanti
(In  Peace)

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/