[off-topic] spreadsheet for MacOSX

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Sat Mar 24 08:51:32 EDT 2007

Sorry, this is slightly off-topic, but I know there are many good-willed
MacOS users on this list :-)

I have just acquired MacBook (MacOSX 10.4.8 Tiger, 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo,
etc...).
Now facing a problem - what software to install to get Spreadheet like Open
Office Calc or MS Excell... Tried Open Office for Mac OSX (using OO on my
Windows and Linux boxes). But it looks like it is underdeveloped on MacOSX -
autofilter does not work correctly, problems with national fonts, very slow
scrolling in Calc - table is redrawn several times until it gets scrolled to
the right position.
Could you please let me know what open source or proprietary spreadsheet
software do you usually use on your Macintoshes ? Do not mention Microsoft,
I already know this, now looking for cheaper alternatives. Thanks for any
advice!

All the best,
Viktoras