Mouse messages while down

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Sun Mar 18 09:46:54 EDT 2007

I prefer the method Bill Marriott suggested:

set a global (or a script local) on a mouseDown event and then track
the coordinates via mouseMove.

You can theoretically track the location of the mouse (pointer)
during mouseMove without using a local or global in a mouseDown
handler, but then you have to use "the mouse is down" to test within
the mouseMove handler, and that can be problematic as it tends to
"eat" the mouseUp message and is generally inefficient, in my
experience.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Makers of Galaxy 1.5