OT Adobe Serial/Ethical Question

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 07:00:51 EDT 2007

On 3/17/07, Mark Swindell <mdswindell at cruzio.com> wrote:

> Ethics and logistics question:
>
> I just bought a used iMac with GoLive CS installed on it.  It didn't
> come with the install disks, but the program is authorized for the
> computer.  I'm wondering if I technically have the right to use it?

I'll save myself the need to answer the  logistics question by saying No to
the ethics question. Really this is how the pirate industry works. Buy one
legal copy and distribute it on everything they make. This video is old, but
little has changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_4IERiD0rc

I'm not saying that the person who sold you the computer was intentionally
pirating software. I'd say your choice is simple, contact the seller and ask
them for the original GoLive install discs. If they indicate that they are
still using the program then it's pretty clear you shouldn't be. If they no
longer use the program and send you the discs, great, if they say they 'no
longer use the program but can't find the discs' then, and this is purely my
opinion, I'd reckon a legal eagle for the software companies would still say
you can't use it, but  for me personally, you've made sure (as best you can)
that only one person is using the program so then you can deal with your
logistics problem:-) You never know, when you contact them they might be
able to give you the serial No and so solve your logistics problem.

HTH