Unusual Problem

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Fri Mar 16 16:40:04 EDT 2007

I am using Rev. 2.7.4 Studio for the Mac with OS 10.4.8.

I set up my printing routine to print three pages that are marked.
Based on the user's responses, there is an optional fourth page or
card that can be printed if additional scores are entered by the user
with the other three pages at the same time. I used the Switch
command to include the fourth page if there is or is not something to
be printed. The routine works beautfiul  but here are my two questions:

1. When the printing is completed that has four pages or cards, the
user is on the fourth screen that has the optional page that was
printed. The print button is located on the third page where the user
started the printing. This occurs on both XP and OS X standalones. I
am using the print card command with Open Printing. Why is the user
not returned to the third card where the print button is after
printing is completed?

2. Why are pages that are printed not in collated order?  On both XP
and OS X, the page are printed with pages numbered page 3, page 1,
page 2 and page 4 in this order. This occurs in both the IDE and
standalones. I know I don't give the user to choose collation as an
option but you would think that the marked pages would be printed in
the same order (1,2,3) which coincides with the marked order of the
cards.

These are small quirks but I am curious why this happens?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com