Unusual Problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 16 17:24:39 EDT 2007

Charles Szasz wrote:

> 1. When the printing is completed that has four pages or cards, the user
> is on the fourth screen that has the optional page that was printed. The
> print button is located on the third page where the user started the
> printing. This occurs on both XP and OS X standalones. I am using the
> print card command with Open Printing. Why is the user not returned to
> the third card where the print button is after printing is completed?

Your script probably goes to each card to print it, so you are left on
the last card that was sent to the printer. Just add a line after the
printing routine that goes back to card 3.

> 2. Why are pages that are printed not in collated order?  On both XP and
> OS X, the page are printed with pages numbered page 3, page 1, page 2
> and page 4 in this order. This occurs in both the IDE and standalones. I
> know I don't give the user to choose collation as an option but you
> would think that the marked pages would be printed in the same order
> (1,2,3) which coincides with the marked order of the cards.

Are your cards in logical order, so that the third card the user sees is
really card 3 in the stack? When Rev prints marked cards, it does them
in the stack order. If the card that the user sees as the second card is
really in the stack's fourth position, it will be printed fourth.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com