Memory Leak on export png????

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 14:02:23 EDT 2007

On 16 Mar 2007, at 17:25, Dave wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please take a look at the handler copied below. This is an
> adaptation of Ian Wood's "export snapshot.rev" stack that can be
> downloaded from Rev Online.

Oops.

What I *hadn't* said about the stack is that it was put together as
part of a bug-hunting exercise which I haven't yet reported on
Bugzilla. :-(

Export snapshot appears not to release RAM once it has been used an
unknown number of times. BUT - it's only in the IDE as standalones
are fine. This is with 10.4.8, Rev 2.7.4 & 2.8.0.

How did I find this out? Running a soak test on my QTVR to video app,
only to come back later and find that a G5 with 4GB RAM was running
out of memory...

Ian