Stadalone Icons

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:59:48 EDT 2007

> I am a newcomer to Revolution and the list. I am making small drill
> standalones for my computer lab. I have looked and searched for
> instructions on how to make the standalone app display a custom made
> icon, but can't seem to find it. I have created the icon files in
> PhotoShop using IconBuilder.
>
> Is there a website anyone would recomend that addresses this or could
> someone please help me with this.

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the Revolution!

I don't use Photoshop so I can't give you any advice about it's
plugin, but I use a shareware program called Iconographer (I see you
are on a Mac): <http://www.mscape.com/products/iconographer.html>.

Import your Photoshop icon or image into Iconographer, generate the
mask if needed, then "Complete Icon" to fill in all the other sizes.
If you save as a .icns file, that will work for Mac OS X applications.
Save as a .ico file for Windows.

In your stacks Standalone Settings, find the icons section for the
particular platform and select the icon file you just saved. On OS X,
when you build the app, it won' tlook as if it has the real icon. Copy
the app to another folder or zip & unzip it to make the icon appear.

Hope this helps,
Sarah