concatenating with the ampersand

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 15:51:09 EDT 2007

On 3/11/07 9:46 AM, "Joe Lewis Wilkins" <pepetoo at Cox.Net> wrote:

> Thanks for the added info, Klaus, but I don't see how checking that
> item in the View Menu does anything. It was already checked. I tried
> go home at that point from the msg and it just closed the current
> stack. Except for the scripting that was possible in the HC home
> stack, I can see that the Rev Preferences are, for the most part, a
> substitution for the various things we would do with the HC home
> stack; and, I suppose we could actually create our own home stack as
> a start using stack with all of the HC features to which we were
> accustomed. Perhaps one of you has already done this?
>
> Joe Wilkins

I was thinking of contacting an architect or someone good with layout work
to show the parallels in diagram form.   It could show the differences (eg.
how the Home stack is replaced by other functions/features/stacks in Rev) +
the equivalent way of scripting.

One gotcha is that I would have to find someone who knew Hypercard and be
willing to do this beginner level sort of thing.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas  (smile)