MySQL has gone away

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Mar 9 20:47:18 EST 2007

The same thing happens here, my plan was to write an error handler
that resetAll and initiated a new fresh connection to the MySQL server.

In our case it is our new MySQL server that falls asleep every day or
two and refuses to process requests for several seconds due to an
unknown problem. (The old one was more reliable!)