Potential disaster for Rev/Linux pendrive apps

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Mar 9 20:25:39 EST 2007

Bob-

Thursday, March 8, 2007, 10:12:48 AM, you wrote:

> My wife tried to buy me a 2nd pendrive last week, but the max size they
> had was 1GB. I'm looking for a 2GB drive so that perhaps I can run
> Ubuntu from it later on. Sorry, no go at the moment.

Don't know about you, but I have been unable to install kubuntu onto a
2GB u3 drive. The installer doesn't recognize it as a device that can
be a candidate for installing (hard disk or cdrom device). I have
tried this with both 6.06 and 7.04. It doesn't appear to be a matter
of the u3 firmware, since that shouldn't affect a non-Windows system,
but rather that ubuntu doesn't seem to allow installing onto usb
devices at all.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net