Pendingmessages

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 5 10:32:00 EST 2007

Richard Miller wrote:

 > On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> Pending messages are only sent at idle, and "lock messages" no
 >> longer has effect once idle hits should there should be no conflict.
 >>
 > We discovered that the pending messages were the source of our file
 > transferring problem. I don't know what the doc's say or when these
 > messages are supposed to be sent, but I do know they greatly effected
 > our file transferring routine, interrupting it at seemingly random
 > times. When we paused them (using a variation on Key Ray's
 > suggestion), the transfer process began working reliably. Perhaps
 > this is a fault in the pending messages system that should be looked
 > into.

Possibly, or the root cause may lie with libURL, or with the way libURL
is used.

While some libURL calls are blocking, most are asynchronous. If you were
using any of the non-blocking calls all bets are off with regard to
pendingMessages, since messages from libURL may easily become
interleaved with your own.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation