XP and Vista question

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sun Mar 4 22:14:50 EST 2007

> Am I off-base in my thinking, and should just not worry about
> XP disappearing in the next couple years?

I don't see XP disappearing for quite some time. MS cannot afford to walk
away from yesterday's operating system (or even the day before yesterday) -
they are in a totally different boat from Apple. Apple doesn't have the
incentive (they are incentivized in the opposite direction!) to keep
supporting older operating systems - their business model seems totally
built around constantly moving their user base forward, making it much more
attractive to simply keep buying new hardware from...Apple.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations
Runtime Revolution Ltd