List Fields and clickLine

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 28 13:36:11 EDT 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:02:25 -0500, Randy Hengst wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Thanks for this. I was looking for some sort of deselect line thing
> and hadn't found hilitedLines. I'll make my first foray into the land
> of Bugzilla.

After you get an account, you should download RevZilla for future bug
logging - it's a lot easier to use and works right inside Rev:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/downloads/RevZilla2.htm

> With setting hilitedLines to empty I still see a brief flicker when I
> click and release just below the last line and it is still possible
> to click in exactly the right spot so that a click and drag will
> highlight the lines as you move up and down the list. So, I put the
> hilitedLines to empty in my mouseUp handler, too, so the user knows
> to try again.

Cool.

> I also tried placing the clickLine in a variable and trapping for it
> in the mouseMove, mouseStilldown, or dragMove, but none of them
> really eliminates the problem -- the selected line just flickers as
> you move up and down the list. I couldn't think of other options. If
> you know of something else I could try, please let me know.

Sure - try wrapping the code in a lock screen/unlock screen combo - no
need to use mouseUp:

on mouseDown
    lock screen
    if the clickline is empty then