List Fields and clickLine

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jun 27 13:20:05 EDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:05:39 -0500, Randy Hengst wrote:

> Click to highlight the choices to make sure things work as expected,
> then leave choice 1 or 2 highlighted and click in the blank area
> below choice 3. Using very small increments, click in the blank space
> below choice 3 and move up until it highlights. If choice 3 is put,
> try again using smaller increments. There is an area just below the
> line where choice 3 will highlight, but the clickline reports empty.

Rev used to have a bug where if you clicked in an area below the
choices, the last choice would automatically highlight, but the
clickLine will still be empty. This has been fixed, but it seems
there's still this bug left over. Because of the earlier bug, I've
always put in an explicit "set the hilitedLines of me to empty"  in my
mouseDown trap when the clickLIne is empty. This is of course a
workaround, and I still think you should log the bug in Bugzilla, but
it works for me:

on mouseDown
  if the clickLine is empty then
    set the hilitedLines of me to empty  --<< add this
    beep
  else
    put the value of the clickLine
  end if