character to justify text

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Tue Jun 26 20:54:34 EDT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 1:58 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Good question, and I'm not sure. There may be a custom font out
> there somewhere that provides a glyph like that. Or you could make
> your own font if you have the skills, and use the new revFont
> commands to install it on demand.
>
> --

It would be much better to access a glyph or some other character
directly from the Rev Text Engine.  I find it hard to believe they do
not have the ability to add something like that.  It is not new in any
Mac engines nor in WASTE.  The problem with making a font and
then using my own character it would change the character count.
Of course I could easily add the character and then subtract it but
who knows what other weird things I might find.

I have no complaints with Rev not using Apples Text Engine and
I really wasn't that impressed with their new justification.  I like to
have total control and the only thing missing in Rev is the ability
to add a glyph so I can expand the line 1 pixel at at time.  Then I
can justify my lines anyway I want and even a variety of ways if
I want.

Did Rev design the text engine they use from scratch or was it
based on another engine.  I really don't care if they never add
full justification I just want them to provide a character.  In the
end I may need to make my own font but why waste the time if
Rev decides to make a character available.

Thanks Jacque,
-=>JB<=-