revDeleteFolder and revCopyFolder with Vista

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jun 26 13:28:22 EDT 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:56:10 +0200, Riccardo Linzitto wrote:

> Hi
> I am testing my applications with Vista UE.
> I obtain execution errors with revDeleteFolder and revCopyFolder commands.
> I leave the user account control turned off and I try these commands from
> the message box, but the result is 1 and 4:
> If I try with delete folder command the result is ok.
> Do you have any suggestions?

Yes, apparently these commands have a faulty version check; for example
in revDeleteFolder, the code runs "deltree" at the command line instead
of "rmdir". You can edit the script of the 'revCommon' backscript (open
the message box, click on the backscripts icon (2nd from right) on the
toolbar, double-click on 'button "revCommon"'), and go to the
revDeleteFolder and revCopyFolder handlers, and then change this line:

   if char 1 of word 2 of the systemVersion is "5" then

to:

   if char 1 of word 2 of the systemVersion >= 5 then

... and it should work.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com