arrowkey and selectionchanged in a list field

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 23 12:08:08 EDT 2007

David Glasgow wrote:
> Unfortunately, selectionchanged is not sent if the
> selection  is changed via arrow keys.

The message is sent here for me, and I have a couple of apps that rely
on that behavior. Do you have a keydown, rawkeydown, or arrowkey handler
somewhere that might be interfering? I think those messages get sent
before "selectionChanged", so if you have any of those then you'll want
to pass the message.

Try this test in a new stack with one field, with the field set to
"listBehavior". Set the script of the field to this:

on selectionChanged
   put the seconds
end selectionChanged

Select one of the lines manually (you'll see the seconds in the message
box) and then use the arrow keys to move up and down. On my machine, the
seconds change with each arrow keystroke.

This is on a Mac, I didn't try it on Windows.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com