Colorizing List Fields

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 21 12:06:16 EDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:30:38 -0500, Len Morgan wrote:

> Is it possible to use either htmlText or rtfText to color the lines
> of a list?  I have a list field where I'd like to have each line
> colored depending on the type of record it's displaying.  If I can't
> set the font or background color using htmlText, what exactly CAN I
> use htmlText for?

You can set either or both... and you don't need to use htmlText or
rtfText if you don't want to - you can set the 'textColor' or
'backgroundColor' property of individual lines from script:

  set the textColor of line 2 of field "MyListField" to red

But if you'd rather use HTML or RTF, be my guest:

  put "<font color=" & quote & "red" & quote & "> & \
    line 2 of field "MyListField" & "</font>" into tHTML
  set the htmlText of line 2 of field "MyListField" to tHTML

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com