List field multipleHilites property

Michael Binder runr at prismpole.com
Wed Jun 20 20:57:29 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a list field in which multiple lines can be
hilited, but they must be contiguous.  I can't seem to do it.  Am I up
against a bug?  Rev 2.8.1, ibook G4, OS 10.3.9

To demonstrate:
1) Create a new main stack.
2) Drag onto it a default scrolling list field from the tool pallete.
3) Add 5 more lines of text (choices 4-8).
4) Make the field tall enough so that you can see all 8 lines.
5) Set the multipleHilites of the field to true.
6) choose browse tool
7) select the first 3 lines of the list field
8) Click somewhere on the card so the field loses focus
9) Hold the shift key down and click on line 6

The weirdness is apparent:  Lines 1,2, and 6 are hilited.
The selectedlines returns 'line 1 to 2 of field 1'
The hilitedlines returns '1,2,6'

Is this a bug? How can I make the list show only contiguous selections?

Thanks, in advance, for your help
--Michael Binder