Best Practices in Rev development

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jun 20 19:40:12 EDT 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:27:10 +0100, Mark Smith wrote:

> But doesn't that kind of interfere with the point of explicitVars? I
> mean that if you have a typo somewhere (myVat instead of myVar, for
> example), does your stack then add a "local myVat" as well as a
> "local myVar" declaration?

Absolutely! :-)

I don't develop with explicitVars turned on either, so the original
point of this utility stack was to take a stack that was already
working properly and make it work in an environment with explicitVars
turned on. Of course this was developed in the day when Rev's variable
checking  could be turned on all the time, which would cause plugins,
etc. not to run unless it was turned off (or unless they were
explicitVars-compliant). Now, Rev only turns on variable checking when
you go to close/compile the script; otherwise it is left off (so the
usefulness of this stack is limited).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com