Debugging Hint?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jun 20 14:06:15 EDT 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:43:18 -0700, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

I'm betting it's something in the mouseMove handler itself - do you
have any lines that use "the target" in your mouseMove handler? THe
reason I say this is I've been caught a similar way with an error when
I was trying to get or set the property of a control on mouseMove, and
the card got the mouseMove instead and since it didn't have the
property I was querying for I got the error.

If you do, try to be more explicit with "the target" like checking the
first word of the name of the target and making sure it's what you're
targetting ("button", "field", etc.) like:

on mouseMove
  if word 1 of the target is among the items of "button,field" then
    set the visible of the target to false  -- will error out on a
"card" target
  end if
  pass mouseMove
end mouseMove